|COURSE: BASIC PROFESSIONAL TRAINING COURSE COACHING|
|VERSION: JANUARY 2016|
|Coaching training institutes and universities can have their basic professional training course coaching accredited by the ICR Coach Register. The institute can also become an ICR accredited agency. Recognition (accreditation) of their course(s) means that the diplomas of (former) students that attended such coaching training institutes automatically meet the standards set by the ICR Coach Register. If a coaching training institute becomes an ICR accredited agency they will have the ability to offer extra benefits to their (former) students, such as the participation in the ICR knowledge test for coaching for free. The accreditation audit of the coaching training will be requested Global Network Group; ICR Coach Register is a subsidairy of Global Network Group. We consider the accreditation audit as a joint process that aims solely in the realization of the accreditation. In doing this we give a potential agency the abbility to prove itself in more than one way. If the audit file of a potential agency does not meet our standards yet we advise them on necessary changes and/or improvements so that can go ahead to get to our standards. In term this creates a fair, and thorough process to achieve accreditation where there is not one sole road to becoming an accredited agency. We do this because here at the ICR Coach Register we value diversity and differentiation in approaches to learning and also in our business process. The accreditation of the training will be completed in a accreditation-decision. The eventual relation between an agency and the ICR Coach Register will be agreed upon and documented in the Agency Agreement.|
|INDIVIDUAL CURRICULUM AUDIT|
|If a coach practitioner is interested in becoming certified by the ICR Coach Register but the training institution does not posses accreditation of their course and is also not interested in becoming accredited in the future, the practitioner's individual educational curriculum will be evaluated by the ICR Coach Register. The individual Audit limits itself to criteria 3, 12 and 13 described below. |
|The basic professional training course coaching can be accredited if the program meets the following criteria set by Global Network Group:|
- The number of participants is not limited to a minimum or maximum; no limitations.
- If the size of the group is: ≤ 12 participants: there must be a minimum of 1 lead trainer
- If the size of the group is ≥ 13 participants:there must be a minimum 2 lead trainers.
- If the size of the group is ≥ 20 participants: there must be a minimum of 2 lead trainers, as well as at least 1 assistant trainer for every 10 participants
- Lead trainers possess the ICR Full Certified accreditation for coaching OR have a comparable employment and experience level. Whether this level meets the ICR Coach Registers standards is to be determined by Global Network Group.
- Lead trainers have a minimal applied vocational experience of 5 calendar years of practising coaching
- Guest and assistant trainer(s) are allowed to be employed, if they provide relevant support to the course that is given, This is to be decided by the coaching institute.
- Minimum of 63 contact hours (= 21 dayparts of 3 clockhours each = 7 days of 3 dayparts each)
- 1 contact hour = 1 clock hour in which there is a class and a trainer physically present in one location OR the group intervision between training blocks.
- Global Network Group will always make the final decision with every anomaly
- Indications for anomalies
- The amount of clock hours must be compensated in a similar way
- Online versions are allowed
- If the minimum amount of contact hours are met the amount of training hours are not set by the ICR Coach Register
- Online versions are allowed
- Minimum of 60% of the training time is to be aimed at skills training
- Possible to hold plenary and sub session meetings
- Online solutions are allowed
|6. BOOKS, READERS, LITERATURE|
- There are no set guidelines as long as all provided material is contributory to the course training
- The minimum a student must receive is a (digital) syllabus or reader
|7. DIPLOMA | CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION|
- The final responsibility for the handing out of the participation certificate lies with the lead trainer
- The student must have attended 80% of the available course contact hours. It is also possible to do this via a course retake.
|8. KNOWLEDGE TEST|
- Not included.
- The knowledge test will be conducted by the Global Network Group or the ICR agency. The agency can only conduct the knowledge test if their accreditation allows this.
- The knowledge test is on a voluntary basis until January 1st 2017. Up from that date the knowledge test is compulsory.
- No applicable limitations or guidelines
|10. ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS TRAINING PROGRAM|
- Higher education | university level or a comparable think-/ experience-/ work level, whether the level of the comparable work level is sufficient, is to be determined by the training institute
- No specific regulations in accordance to the specific ICR related (prior) knowledge and/ or experience
|11. ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS ICR REGISTRATION & CERTIFICATION|
- Automatic qualification as associate coach if the student has followed an accredited coaching training and has passed the applicable ICR knowledge test.
- Individual testing if there is no applicable accredited training and/or ICR Coach Register knowledge test can be negotiated; read also about the individual curriculum audit.
The student is provided with an adaquete amount of knowledge and experience, both through theory and in practical-& simulation moments, in relations to:
- If the training is offered in Europe
- European coaching landscape, such as laws and regulations, branch & professional organizations, certification and registration options such as ICR Coach Register, market situation
- If the trainig is offered in Africa
- African coaching landscape, such as laws and regulations, brach & professional organizations, certification and registration options such as ICR Coach Register , market situation
- If the training is offered outside Africa and Europe
- International and local coaching landscape, such as laws and regulations, brach & professional organizations, certification and registration options such as ICR Coach Register, market situation
- coaching at expert level
- Sufficient knowledge of coaching theory and models
- Being capable to integrate coaching theory and models in the coaching practice and the coaching processes
- Starting, maintaining and ending of the professional relationship with clients
- Capability to have the client learning
- Capability to motivate & stimulate the client to take action, to act future based, to handle changes and to realise his / her coaching goals / perspectives
- Knowledge and skills connected to self reflection on handled processes, personal development and the own coaching practice
- Knowledge of coaching fases, procedures, processes, ICR rules, ICR ethics, ICR practitionerscode(s) of conduct, ICR features, contra indications for coaching
- Legal system of the applicable region at basic level
- elementary theoretical knowledge of contract law, theoretical knowlegde and understanding of coaching agreements and documentation agreements
- Basic level knowledge of business studies
- (Legal) entities, business management & organisation, acquisation, complaints, liability, insurance.
|13. PROGRAM BASED SKILLS ASSIGNMENTS|
As a result of a roleplay of other skills based assignments the student produces at least:
The trainings institute can examine their own assignments, however they are also allowed to have a group of participants examine the given assignments through self assesment.
- 1x template coaching intake procedure including intake form
- 1x coaching agreement (coach-client contract)
- 1x permission statement (client permission statement)
- 1x report of coaching session
- 1x home assignment for client
- 1x interim completion letter of coaching procedure based on termination notice by the coach
|14. ACCREDITATION AUDIT|
The institute must show that their training goals are being met to a satisfactory level. This level is determined by Global Network Group. In order to show this the institute must deliver a digital audit file to Global Network Group. Global Network Group only accepts digital audit files. The accreditation audit will be requested by Global Network Group via e-mail.
The accreditation audit file includes:
The detailed trainer guidelines include:
- Detailed trainers guidelines
- Course material, readers, syllabuses
- Current, non expired registration of the training institution with an official business registrar or chamber of commerce, or a simular official proof of existence.
- Proof of ICR registration and certification of all lead trainers or the application for registration
- Design and (logistic) planning of the training including planning of sessions and topics; the trainingsplan contains a verifiable citation to course topics as stated in this document
- Description of the practical and skills roleplays, assignments
- If applicable: description of homework assignments
- Overview of lead trainers, guest and assistant trainers